- Equine anatomy and physiology as it pertains to the musculo-skeletal system.
- Discussion comparing the anatomy of humans to horses and the physiology of massage and exercise.
- Muscular Kinetics as developed by Jack Meagher.
- The science of motion and applied anatomy.
- Developing an eye for range of motion.
- Meagher Method Sportsmassage as it applies to horses.
- Specific Meagher Method techniques for riders and other human athletes.
- Learning to work with and communicate with horses
- Specific exercise for the horse to aid in the rehabilitation of muscle injuries.
- How to recognize certain lamenesses, their relation to range of motion and secondary soft tissue complications.
- Indications and contra-indications for massage therapy.
- Following the guidelines of the AAEP, we will discuss the limits and scope of our practice as it relates to veterinarians and other equine professionals.
- Prevention of work related injuries for the therapist.